The implementation of ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 standard reflects SSP’s commitment to achieving and maintaining full compliance with regulatory requirements; to the prevention of pollution; and to the continual improvement of the company’s EHS management practices.
SSP’s EHS Policy:
- Effectively implement, register, and maintain an Environmental and Safety management system (EHS) that complies with ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 standard.
- Maintain compliance with applicable environmental and safety regulations.
- Strive to prevent and minimize environmental pollution wherever possible through source reduction, reuse, and recycling.
- Strive to prevent injuries and ill health by introducing Safe work and hygiene practices in plants and compound.
- Dispose, where preventive measures may not be possible, of all waste by legal and safe method.
- Seek to minimize the consumption of energy, water, and other natural resources.
- Establish reasonable and achievable environmental and safety objectives and targets as an element of annual budget planning processes.
- Establish and maintain programs to enhance environmental and safety awareness for all personnel, and to enhance employees understanding of the environmental and safety aspects related to their individual work assignment.
- Conduct regular environmental and safety assessments and make recommendations for continual improvements.
- Correct promptly any practices or conditions which are not in compliance with this policy.